New Jersey Clean Cities Coalition
The NJ Clean Cities Coalition (NJCCC), is an independent tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization incorporated in the state of New Jersey for the promotion of public/private partnerships related to the development and use of alternative fuels, advanced technology vehicles, and the appropriate related infrastructure.
As a designated Coalition within the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities Program, the NJ Clean Cities Coalition is one of approximately 90 similar entities across the US, and the only one in New Jersey. Clean Cities strives to advance the nation's economic, environmental, and energy security by supporting local decisions to adopt practices that contribute to the reduction of petroleum consumption. Our activities promote cleaner and domestically produced fuels, advanced fuel efficient vehicles, as well as fuel saving practices such as idle reduction.
The NJCCC has formed a membership coalition for the benefit of its stakeholders. The goals of the membership coalition include the facilitation of the reduction of our dependence on imported oil, reduction of regional air pollution from vehicle emissions, assistance to stakeholders and other local businesses and public entities with regulatory environmental compliance, encouragement of economic development through job creation, and to create a positive community image.
The NJCCC has established itself as one of the premiere organizations of its kind in NJ, having secured more than $18 million of grant funds on behalf of our stakeholders over the past five years. We have successfully established and executed public/private partnerships to leverage those federal investments with more than $36 million of non-federal funds. These funds might not have otherwise been invested in NJ. In addition, the New Jersey Clean Cities Coalition and its stakeholders reported saving more than 5 million gallons of petroleum in 2015.
The effectiveness of the NJCCC has been recognized by industry and peer groups, including the following:
• USDOE Mid-Atlantic Region’s nominee for “Coalition of the Year”
• NGV America, “Industry Advocate” Award for advancement of Natural Gas Vehicles and Infrastructure
• Northeast Diesel Collaborative “Breathe Easy” Award in recognition of contributions to reduction of diesel emissions
• US Green Building Council, NJ Chapter’s “Emerald Award” for outstanding achievement and best practices in green building and sustainability
• Appointed by Governor Christie to NJ DCA’s Propane Safety & Education Commission
• Appointed by Board of Public Utilities President as Chair, NJ Energy Master Plan AFV advisory panel